Lisa puts Ayutthaya back on TAT map
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is promoting tourism in Ayutthaya after Lalisa "Lisa" Manoban from Blackpink posted photos while visiting the city on her Instagram account on Monday.
Lisa visited several ruins and temples in Ayutthaya after the Blackpink World Tour Bangkok gigs on the last weekend of May. During her trip with close friends, they wore traditional dress.
Her photos will inspire fans to visit the same spots and wear traditional clothing, said the TAT.
The TAT has already launched a campaign to let Lisa's fans know more about the places she visited, including Wat Na Phra Meru, Wat Mahathat, Wat Mae Nang Pluem and Kaow Laor Restaurant, which is listed in the Michelin Guidebook.
"Lisa is a high-profile online influencer. Her Ayutthaya trip post will have a positive impact on the tourism industry and help spur the economy of local businesses," the TAT said.
The star's IG account (@lalalalisa_m) has 94.5 million followers.
Learn from listening
- campaign: a planned series of activities - การรณรงค์
- impact (noun): an effect or influence - ผลกระทบ
- influencer (noun): a person who influencers, i.e., a person who has the power to make somebody/something behave in a particular way - คนที่มีอิทธิพล
- inspire: to give people a particular feeling or a desire to do somethng - จุดประกาย
- ruins: the remains of a building that has been badly damaged or destroyed - ซากปรักหักพัง
- spur: to cause something to happen - ก่อให้เกิด
- traditional: things (buildings, clothes, music, customs, etc.) that have been part of a country or society for a long time - แบบดั้งเดิม, เป็นประเพณี