Teen arrested after French father beaten to death
A 19-year-old man was arrested after his French father was found beaten to death with a hammer at their home in Phra Khanong area of Bangkok.
Police were called to the three-storey townhouse in Soi Pridi Banomyong 13 on Sunday afternoon.
They found a 52-year-old Frenchman dead in a pool of blood on the first floor. He had major head injuries. A bloodied metal hammer was on the floor.
Neighbours told police the man and his son had quarrelled loudly for about 15 minutes on Friday evening. Since then, the house had been dark and silent.
Police arrested the 19-year-old son at a condominium in Thong Lor area. They found bloodstained shoes in the room.
Rescue workers told police they had previously visited the townhouse twice to take the son for mental treatment. He refused togo.
Learn from listening
- bloodstained (adj): having a mark or spot of blood on something - ซึ่งเป็นรอยเลือด
- formerly: in earlier times - ก่อนหน้านี้
- hammer: a tool consisting of a piece of metal with a flat end which is fixed onto the end of a long thin usually wooden handle, used for hitting things - ค้อน
- injury (noun): physical damage done to a person or a part of their body - อาการบาดเจ็บ
- mental: connected with or happening in the mind; involving the process of thinking - เกี่ยวกับจิตใจ
- quarrelled: argued, disagreed noisily - โต้เถียง
- refuse (verb): to say or show that you will not do something; to say or show that you will not do something that someone has asked you to do - ปฏิเสธ
- suspect: to believe that something is true, especially something bad - สงสัย, เป็นที่สงสัยว่า