Teacher suspended for slapping student
A teacher at a secondary school has been suspended for repeatedly slapping the face of a student, reportedly because he refused to call her “mum”, after video of the incident was widely seen online.
The video shows a teacher grabbing a schoolboy’s wristand leading him through a passage. She then stops to speak to the boy and points to his face before slapping it. The impact takes off his face mask.
The video was posted online by a woman who said she was the schoolboy’s aunt.
She said the teacher had become angry after the boy rejected her instruction to call her “mum”, telling her he had only one mother.
Learn from listening
- aunt: the sister of your father or mother; the wife of your uncle - ป้า,น้าผู้หญิง,อาผู้หญิง
- compensation (noun): money that someone receives because something bad has happened to them - การจ่ายเงินชดเชย
- dean: a senior official at a college or university, often the head of a faculty or department - คณบดี
- disciplinary: related to the punishment of people who do not obey the rules - การลงโทษเนื่องจากการฝ่าฝืนวินัย หรือระเบียบ
- guardian: a person who is legally responsible for the care of another person, especially a child - ผู้ปกครอง
- impact (noun): the force with which one object hits another - แรงกระแทก
- moral support: giving someone encouragement - ให้กำลังใจ
- pending: waiting to be dealt with, settled or completed - ยังค้างอยู่, ซึ่งยังไม่จบสิ้น, อยู่ในระหว่าง
- slap: to hit with the flat part of the hand - ตบ
- suspended (verb): not allowed to participate or to do a job for a period of time; not allowed to be used for a period of time - ถูกระงับ
- wrist: the part of your body between your hand and your arm - ข้อมือ