Ex-ambassador found dead in Bangkok house
The former ambassador to Denmark found dead in a toilet in a house in Bangkok had been fatally stabbed, police said.
A forensic examination of the body found on Sunday morning revealed that he had been stabbed three times in the chest, police said.
The body of Vichit Chitvimarn, 63, was found in a toilet on the second floor of a three-storey house in Bangkok's Chatuchak district.
Police said three stab wounds were found in the chest of the former diplomat. In an examination of a box containing five kitchen knives in the kitchen on the first floor, forensic police found blood stains on two of them.
The first and second floors of the house were found to have been ransacked.
Footage from security cameras in the house was being examined.
A source said that normally Vichit lived alone but witnesses told police that before his death, Vichit had been with his step-child, 17, the biological child of his construction contractor. Police detained the teenager for questioning.
Police said they would summon two boys – 14 and 17 years old – for questioning on suspicion that they might be involved in the murder.
Learn from listening
- ambassador: a senior official who lives in a foreign country and represents his or her own country there - ทูต
- biological children (noun): natural (actual) children, not adopted - ลูกจริง
- diplomat: an official whose job is to represent their government in a foreign country - นักการทูต
- forensic: relating to the use of scientific methods to solve crimes or to find out why something happened - เกี่ยวกับนิติวิทยาศาสตร์
- former: of or in an earlier time; before the present time or in the past - อดีต, แต่ก่อน
- ransack: to go through a place stealing or damaging things - ปล้นสะดม
- source: a place where information comes from; someone who gives information - แหล่งข่าว
- stabbed: when someone is killed or hurt by a knife or other sharp object being pushed into their body - แทงด้วยอาวุธ
- stain (noun): an ugly mark left accidentally on clothes or the surface of something; blot, mark, spot - คราบ, รอยเปื้อน, รอยเลอะ
- summon: to officially order someone to come to a place - เรียกตัว
- suspicion (noun): a belief that a crime or improper activity has been committed - ความสงสัย
- witness: a person who sees something happen - ผู้ที่เห็นเหตุการณ์