Tech college student shot dead
A teenage vocational college student wearing his school uniform was shot dead in Dusit district on Monday morning. Witnesses said his four attackers fled on motorcycles.
The murder occurred in front of Kornkaew Montessori School. The victim was 16 years old and a second-year student at Dusit Technical College, which is on the same road.
The student was shot in his chest and died on the spot. Police found a pen gun at the scene.
The victim's friends said he was attacked by four men on two motorcycles without licence plates. They fled along Rama V Road.
The street killing came a week after a teacher was killed by a stray bullet when a vocational student was shot in Klong Toey district.
- bullet: a small, metal object that is shot from a gun - กระสุนปืน
- flee (past form: fled) (verb): to leave a place or person quickly because you are afraid of possible danger or consequences - หนี
- licence plate: a flat piece of metal or plastic on the front and back of a vehicle that shows its license number - แผ่นป้ายทะเบียนรถยนต์
- occurred (verb): happened - เกิดขึ้น
- on the spot: at a particular place where something is happening or happened - ที่เกิดเหตุ
- stray: away from the correct place or path - พลัดหลง, หลงทาง
- victim: someone who has been harmed, injured or killed as the result of a crime - เหยื่อผู้เคราะห์ร้าย
- vocational student (noun): a student attending a school which provided the skills necessary for particular jobs - นักเรียนอาชีวศึกษา
- witness: a person who sees something happen - ผู้ที่เห็นเหตุการณ์