Air Force to give up Don Mueang golf course
The air force has agreed to give up its Kantarat Golf Course located between runways of Don Mueang Airport and allow access to some of its other properties for the development of state projects, according to Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin.
Mr Srettha said a committee will work out ways to hand over Kantarat Golf Course, widely known as Sanam Ngu (field full of snakes), now owned and operated by the air force to the government so the land can be developed for the benefit of the public.
Mr Srettha added the air force will permit the outer ringroad under construction around downtown Chiang Mai to cut through their Wing 41 area. The project will relieve traffic congestion in central Chiang Mai.
- air force: the branch of the military that flies planes and defends the skies - ทหารอากาศ, กองทัพอากาศ, ทัพอากาศ, กองกำลังทหารที่ทำการสู้รบ
- benefit: an advantage you get from a situation; a helpful or good effect, or something intended to help - ผลประโยชน์, ข้อได้เปรียบ, ผลดี
- committee: a group of people who are chosen, usually by a larger group, to make decisions or to deal with a particular subject - คณะกรรมการ
- congestion: a situation in which a place is crowded with people or vehicles - แน่นขนัดไปด้วยรถหรือคน
- hand over: to give somebody else control or the responsibility for something - มอบ
- oppose: to disagree with or not approve of a plan or policy - คัดค้าน
- permit (verb): to allow someone to do something - อนุญาต, อนุมัติ, ยินยอม
- runway (noun): a long narrow strip of ground with a hard surface that an aircraft takes off from and lands on - ทางขึ้นลงของเครื่องบิน