Brit falls into reservoir, search underway
Rescue workers were searching for a British man, 24, who reportedly fell from a kayak into the reservoir of Rajjaprabha Dam in Surat Thani on Sunday morning.
The accident happened at a spot where the water was about 50 metres deep.
Four scuba divers were trying to find him.
A local park director said the Briton and a friend stayed overnight at the Kraisorn Raft House. They took rented kayaks out early Sunday morning, but the friend later returned and told local officials that the missing Briton had fallen into the water about 500 metres from the raft house.
The park director said the tourist was not wearing a life vest.
- crest: the top part of something, especially a hill or wave - ยอดคลื่น ยอดเขา
- dam: a wall built across a river to stop the water from flowing, especially in order to create a lake or to help to produce electric power - เขื่อน
- kayak: to travel using a kayak, a light canoe in which the part where you sit is covered over - เดินทางด้วยเรือแคนูขนาดเล็ก
- life vest (noun): a jacket without sleeves, that can be filled with air, designed to help you float if you fall in water - เสื้อชูชีพ
- reservoir: a natural or artificial lake where water is stored - อ่างเก็บน้ำ
- scuba diver (noun): a swimmer who swims underwater using special breathing equipment consisting of a container of air which you carry on your back and a tube through which you breathe the air. - นักดำน้ำแบบสกูบา
- underway: happening - กำลังเกิดขึ้น
- visibility: how clearly objects can be seen, or how far you can see clearly, usually because of the weather conditions - ทัศนวิสัย