#PolicyPlease launches in Bangkok
published : 23 Jan 2020 at 12:43
writer: Gary Boyle
Stamford International University hosts a #PolicyPlease event.
Stamford International University announces the inauguration of the #PolicyPlease campaign in collaboration with Khun Cindy Bishop’s movement #DontTellMeHowToDress and UN Women Asia and the Pacific on January 25th, 2020.
#PolicyPlease is a campaign which was created by 3 Stamford International Students including Ms. Anntonia Porsild, Miss Supranational 2019. The #PolicyPlease campaign stands against sexual harassment and violence on campus and advocates for comprehensive sexual harassment policy to be implemented on university campuses in Thailand in accordance with the UN Women Asia and the Pacific’s guidance note on campus violence prevention and response.
Speakers during the event include Dr. Apitep Saekow, President of Stamford University, Ms. Melissa Alvarado, Ending Violence Against Women Programme Manager at UN Women, Ms. Cindy Bishop, creator of #donttellmehowtodress, founders of the #PolicyPlease campaign Zaak Garrett, Miriam Chisanga and Ann Porsild- Miss Supranational 2019 and the Progressive Women and Men’s Foundation of Thailand.
The event will be held on Saturday, at Stamford International University, Asoke Campus.
Date: January, 25th 2020
Stamford International University
Asok Campus Learning Center
Exchange Tower, 388 Sukhumvit, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
- advocate (verb): to publicly support - สนับสนุน
- campaign: a planned series of activities - การรณรงค์
- exhibit: an object or a work of art put in a public place, for example a museum, so that people can see it - ของที่แสดง
- harassment: annoying or worrying somebody by putting pressure on them or saying or doing unpleasant things to them - การข่มขู่, การรบกวน, การก่อกวน
- inauguration: an official ceremony to celebrate that someone is starting an important new job - พิธีสาบานตนเข้ารับตำแหน่ง
- intent (noun): your plan or purpose - จุดประสงค์, เจตนา
- policy (noun): a set of plans or action agreed on by a government, political party, business, or other group - นโยบาย
- prevention: preventing something bad from happening - การป้องกันภ้ย
- response: a reaction to something that has happened or been said - การตอบสนอง
- survivor: someone who still exists after an event that could have killed or destroyed them - ผู้รอดชีวิต