Record-high 51 Covid deaths
The Public Health Ministry reported on Wednesday morning a record high of 51 Covid-19 fatalities over the past 24 hours.
The previous high of daily Covid-19 fatalities was 47 on May 27.
There were also 3,174 new cases. These comprised 3,138 cases in the general population and 36 among prison inmates.
Also over the past 24 hours, 1,941 Covid-19 patients were diagnosed recovered and discharged from hospitals.
Since April 1, around when the third wave of Covid-19 began, there have been 199,676 Covid-19 patients, 162,351 of whom have recovered.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 228,539 Covid-19 cases, 189,777 of whom recovered.
The death toll now stands at 1,650 during the current third wave and at 1,744 since beginning of the pandemic early last year.
- comprise: to consist or be made up of two or more things - ประกอบด้วย
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: death -
- general population (noun): the people who live in an area, region or country - ประชาชน, สาธารณชน, มหาชน
- order (verb): to use your position of authority to tell somebody to do something or say that something must happen - สั่ง
- record: the best or most ever achieved - สถิติ
- recover: to become healthy and fit again after an illness or injury - การฟื้นไข้