Record 312 Covid deaths, 20,515 new cases Wednesday
There were record 312 Covid-19 deaths and 20,515 new cases over the past 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry reported on Wednesday morning.
There were 20,267 cases in the general population and 248 in prisons.
Over the past 24 hours, 22,682 Covid-19 patients recovered and left hospitals.
Since April 1, around when the third wave of Covid-19 began, there have been 940,094 Covid-19 patients, 725,693 of whom have recovered.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 968,957 Covid-19 cases, 753,119 of whom recovered.
The death toll was at 8,191 the third wave and 8,285 from the beginning of the pandemic early last year.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- general population (noun): the people who live in an area, region or country - ประชาชน, สาธารณชน, มหาชน
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- record: the best or most ever achieved - สถิติ
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย