Covid cases exceed 1m
There were 240 additional Covid-19 fatalities and 19,851 new cases over the past 24 hours, according to the Public Health Ministry.
With these latest figures total cases in the country have now exceeded 1 million.
Over the past 24 hours, 20,478 Covid-19 patients recovered and were discharged from hospitals.
Since April 1, around when the third wave of Covid-19 began, there have been 980,847 Covid-19 patients, 768,379 of whom have recovered.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,009,710 Covid-19 cases, 795,805 of whom recovered.
The death toll was at 8,732 the third wave and 8,826 from the beginning of the pandemic early last year.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- exceed: to go beyond an official limit; to be greater than a number or amount - เกินปริมาณ
- fatality: death -
- general population (noun): the people who live in an area, region or country - ประชาชน, สาธารณชน, มหาชน
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล