Oil tanker fire in Samut Prakan
One person was injured and one missing after a fire on an oil tanker at a pier in Phra Pradaeng district, Samut Prakan, on Wednesday morning.
The fire began around 9am on the Smooth Sea 2.
One man was injured and another was missing, the Marine Department said.
The injured man was being treated at hospital.
The fire had been brought under control and there were no oil leaks into the Chao Phraya river.
The ship was carrying around 1.8 million litres of gasohol 91 and 1.3 million litres of diesel at the time the fire began, according to the department.
Firemen based at the pier took about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control. Rescuers were searching for the missing man.
- diesel (n): a heavy oil used as fuel in engines -
- injured (adj): hurt in an accident, natural disaster, attack, etc. - ได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- leak: (of a liquid or gas) flowing out of a hole or crack - การรั่วไหล
- Marine Department: the government department in charge of waterways, harbours and sea trade - กรมเจ้าท่า
- rescuers (noun): people who save someone from a dangerous or unpleasant situation - ผู้ช่วยชีวิต
- treat: to provide medical care - รักษา