7,650 new Covid cases, 56 deaths Wednesday
There were 56 more Covid-19 fatalities and 7,650 confirmed new cases during the previous 24 hours, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported on Wednesday.
Tuesday’s figures did not include 9,736 positive results from antigen tests over the past 24 hours. This would raise the total to 17,386.
According to the CCSA, the 56 people who died were aged from 38 to 98 years.
Bangkok continued to report the most daily cases at 2,463, followed by 308 in Khon Kaen, 241 in Maha Sarakham, 238 in Ubon Ratchathani, 232 in Buri Ram, 198 in Samut Prakan, 189 in Chon Buri, 178 each in Surin and Roi Et and 167 in Chaiyaphum.
The three imported cases came from the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates and the United States.
The accumulated death toll stood at 29,252 since the beginning of the pandemic, including 7,554 so far this year.
- according to (prep): as stated or reported by somebody/something - ตามคำบอกเล่า, ตามรายงาน
- accumulate: to get more and more of something over a period of time - เก็บสะสม, สะสม, สั่งสมมานาน
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- import: to buy or bring in products from another country - นำเข้า
- positive (adj): showing clear evidence that a particular substance or medical condition is present มีประจุบวก (การทดสอบ) - มีประจุบวก (การทดสอบ)