Missing French tourist found dead
published : 18 Nov 2022 at 12:53
writer: R May
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Post Reporters
A 34-year-old Frenchman missing after going hiking alone in Surat Thani province was found dead on Thursday, and is believed to have fallen to his death.
Gollino Cyrit Tizzlano's body was found at the base of a cliff. Rescuers sent the body for post-mortem examination, and authorities informed the French embassy.
The discovery of his remains followed an order by Surat Thani governor Wichawut Jinto to deploy officers and two police dogs from Border Patrol Police's sub-division 41 yesterday to continue searching for the man, who went missing on Saturday.
His disappearance was reported to Phanom police on Tuesday by the owner of Khao Sok Holiday Resort in tambon Khlong Sok of Phanom district where he stayed.
Tizzlano told the owner around 10am on Saturday that he would go hiking in the jungle of Khao Sok National Park.
Three villagers on Saturday saw Tizzlano flying his drone around Khao Phanthurat mountain, outside the Khao Sok National Park area.
It has been assumed Tizzlano may have had an accident while operating or searching for his drone.
- base: the bottom part, edge, or surface of something - พื้นฐาน, รากฐาน
- cliff: a steep side of an area of high land - หน้าผา
- deploy: (of police or soldiers) to put in place ready for action - ส่ง (ทหาร, ตำรวจ) ประจำการ.
- drone (noun): an aircraft (or ship) without a pilot, controlled from the ground - เครื่องบินไร้คนขับที่ควบคุมด้วยวิทยุทางไกล
- hiking: going for a long walk in the countryside - เดินป่า
- operating: carrying out an activity - ดำเนินการ
- post-mortem: a medical examination of the body of a dead person in order to find out how they died - การชันสูตร
- remains: the body of a person who has died - ศพ