22 students hurt in Korat van accident
Twenty-two students were injured when a school van overturned at a curve on a road in Nakhon Ratchasima on Thursday morning.
Police and rescue workers found a school van belonging to Saimit Non Thai School 6 overturned along the side of the road.
Many students, mostly from kindergarten and primary grades, were crying. A teacher and the van driver were helping them from the vehicle.
Twenty-two students were slightly hurt. Rescue workers and medics gave them first aid before taking the injured children to Non Thai Hospital.
The van driver told police he lost control of the vehicle at a curve, causing the van to overturn.
Local media reports said the driver was trying to pick up a cup of water from behind his seat, but the cup slipped out of his hand and this caused him to lose control of the van, which veered off the road and overturned.
Learn from listening
- curve: a line or surface that bends gradually; a smooth bend - เส้นโค้ง, ทางโค้ง
- hurt (adj): experiencing physical pain because of an injury - เจ็บปวด
- injured (adj): hurt in an accident, natural disaster, attack, etc. - ได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- lose control (verb): to be unable to control something, e.g., a moving vehicle - สูญเสียการควบคุ
- overturn: to turn upside down or on the side - พลิกคว่ำ, คว่ำลง
- rescue worker: a person who save someone from a dangerous or unpleasant situation - ผู้ช่วยชีวิต
- veer (verb): to suddenly move in a different direction - เบน, แฉลบ เสียทิศทาง