Car fire on expressway ramp
published : 7 Feb 2023 at 12:16
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Online Reporters
A car burst into flames while on the Ploenchit Road exit ramp of the Chalerm Maha Nakhon Expressway (Din Daeng - Bang Na) on Tuesday morning, temporarily blocking traffic.
The incident occurred about 7.20am. Expressway police rushed to the spot, along with a rescue unit and a fire truck from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's disaster prevention and mitigation department.
That section of the exit ramp was closed to traffic while firemen extinguished the blaze, causing a long traffic build-up on the expressway.
The fire was put out in about 20 minutes and traffic was allowed to resume. The car was completely burned out. No casualties were reported.
The cause of the fire was being investigated.
- build-up: accumulation; increasing over time as more and more is added - การเก็บสะสม, การพอกพูน, การรวมตัวกันมากขึ้น, การเพิ่มจำนวนมากขึ้น
- casualty (noun): victim; someone/ something that has been harmed, injured or killed as the result of a bad event such as a disaster or crime (casualties: the number of dead or injured) - เหยื่อผู้เคราะห์ร้าย; จำนวนคนตายหรือได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department (noun): A Thai agency under Ministry of Interior (MOI) to handle disaster management responsibilities - กรมป้องกันและบรรเทาสาธารณภัย
- extinguish: to put out a fire - ดับไฟ
- investigate: to try to find out the facts about something in order to learn the truth about it - ตรวจสอบหาความจริง
- ramp: a slope connecting two levels of a building, road etc - ทางลาด,ด้านลาด
- resume: to begin again after stopping for a period of time - เริ่มอีกครั้ง, กลับมาอีกครั้ง