Fire in Thon Buri destroys 40 homes
A fire destroyed at least 40 houses in a community in Talat Phlu area of Bangkok on Wednesday morning.
No casualties were reported.
The fire in Soi Wutthakat 18 in Thon Buri district was first reported about 5.45am, police said.
Fire trucks and crews rushed to the scene as the flames spread quickly through the community, which has many wooden row houses. They took about 45 minutes to bring the blaze under control.
The cause of the blaze was being investigated.
Learn from listening
- blaze: a fire - เพลิง
- casualty (noun): victim; someone/ something that has been harmed, injured or killed as the result of a bad event such as a disaster or crime (casualties: the number of dead or injured) - เหยื่อผู้เคราะห์ร้าย; จำนวนคนตายหรือได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- cause: the person or thing that makes something happen - สาเหตุ
- community: the people living in one particular area - ชุมชน
- flames: the brightly burning gases that you see coming from a fire - เปลวไฟ, เปลวเพลิง
- investigate: to try to find out the facts about something in order to learn the truth about it - ตรวจสอบหาความจริง
- report (verb): to tell someone officially that something exists or happened - รายงาน
- rush: to move or do something very quickly - รีบเร่ง, วิ่ง