Irish man falls to death from Bangkok condo
A Irish man fell to his death from a condominium building in Bangkok’s Bang Khae district on Friday morning.
A security guard at the condominium in Bang Khae rushed to check after being alerted by tenants that they heard a loud noise, which sounded like a large object falling.
The guard later found a body part on the building’s second-floor car park, police said.
The man's body was found on a balcony of a room on the third floor.
According to police the dead man was an Irish national teaching at a school in Bangkok. He had rented a room on the 23rd floor and stayed alone. The cause of his death was not yet known.
- alert: to tell someone in about a danger or problem so that they can take action to deal with it - เตือนภัย
- balcony: a place where you can stand just outside an upper window. It sticks out from the wall of a building - ระเบียง
- cause: the person or thing that makes something happen - สาเหตุ
- national: a citizen of a particular country - ประชาชน
- object: a thing that can be seen or touched, but is not alive - วัตถุ, สิ่งของ
- rush: to move or do something very quickly - รีบเร่ง, วิ่ง