Italian falls to his death from BTS station
A 34-year-old Italian man died in a fall from Sanam Pao BTS Station in Bangkok's Phaya Thai district on Tuesday morning, police said.
The man hit the ground near the entrance ramp of the Skytrain station on Phahon Yothin Road, close to the 2nd Cavalry Division, the King's Guard, Pol Capt Charoen Sookmark of Phaya Thai police, said. His fall was reported to police about 8am.
The dead man was wearing a T-shirt, green jacket tied around his waist, jeans and sneakers.
Emergency responders tried unsuccessfully to revive him, as police directed morning rush traffic around the scene.
Witnesses said the man had been seen on the Skytrain platform since 6am, and that he jumped to his death, Pol Capt Charoen said.
The Italian consulate was informed.
- autopsy: a medical examination of a dead person’s body to find out why they died - การชันสูตรศพ
- consulate: the building where a government official works who is sent to live in another country and look after his/her own country’s citizens and business interests there - สถานกงสุล
- emergency: an unexpected situation involving danger in which immediate action is necessary - เหตุฉุกเฉิน
- examine: to look at somebody/something closely, to see if there is anything wrong or to find the cause of a problem - ตรวจ
- investigators (noun): people whose jobs are to officially find out the facts about something - ผู้สอบสวน, ผู้สำรวจ, ผู้ตรวจสอบ
- platform: an area next to a railway track, bus station, etc. where passengers get onto and off trains, buses, etc. - ชานชาลา
- ramp: a slope connecting two levels of a building, road etc - ทางลาด,ด้านลาด
- recording: when a copy is made of something such as music, a speech or writing - บันทึก
- responder: something or someone that responds to your request and provides service to you when you have a problem, such as an ambulance or fire fighters -
- security camera: a camera that is put in a place to constantly record what happens there - กล้องวงจรปิดเพื่อรักษาการความปลอดภัย
- witnesses (noun): people who see something happen or knows about something - ผู้ที่เห็นเหตุการณ์, พยาน