House wrecker, missing wife tale, mum the drug supplier

House wrecker, missing wife tale, mum the drug supplier

House wrecker, missing wife tale, mum the drug supplier
The picture shows the damage to Noowiang's house after Theerapong used a sugar cane loader, inset, to attack the place.

Clawing back hurt pride

An Udon Thani man says he has no regrets after using a sugar cane loader to destroy the front of his ex father-in-law's place.

Noowiang Bubphi, 58, was at home with his family at their two-storey place in Na Yung district when he heard a crashing sound from the front of the house.

Theerapong 'Joy' Ritcharoen

His ex son-in-law, Theerapong "Joy" Ritcharoen, 32, had turned up in a sugar cane loader and was using the claws to systematically lay waste to the front of his house. He also smashed into several vehicles in the yard.

Mr Noowiang, his wife Udom, 51, their son, Thotsaporn, 26, his wife and young child fled to safety at the rear of the house. Happily, the hydraulics in the loader failed before long, which forced Mr Theerapong to abandon the attack. When the family re-emerged to survey the damage, they found Mr Theerapong in the driver's seat, crying.

Mr Noowiang, his son and locals surrounded the culprit while they waited for police to arrive.

The house's shocked owner said the family had just finished their evening meal and were relaxing on the ground floor when the attack started. Normally he would have gone upstairs for a rest, but was lucky on this occasion that he did not. He believes he was the main target of Mr Theerapong's attack.

"Theerapong started attacking my bedroom on the upper storey first. He knew where all the bedrooms were, as he was familiar with the place," Mr Noowiang said.

Mr Theerapong, who admitted he had been taking drugs, said he was upset that Mr Noowiang had tried to stop him seeing his daughter, Koy, 32.

Mr Theerapong was married to Koy for 13 years and they have a seven-year-old child. However, she left him after he took up drugs and started beating her up.

"Noowiang wouldn't let me retrieve my stuff when she left, and won't let me see my child," he claimed.

Koy, he said, took the child with her when she left Mr Theerapong at the start of last year. She went to Bangkok to look for work.

Mr Noowiang said his ex son-in-law was great at first, but they started to argue as time wore on. He bought the couple a house on 4 rai of land nearby so he could get to know his son-in-law better.

Two years ago, Koy fled her husband's beatings and returned to the family home. Her husband followed and kicked up a fuss.

Finally, Koy declared she wanted to start again and left for Bangkok. Mr Theerapong found a new partner but evidently was not happy.

Mr Noowiang said he bought the sugar cane loader which his ex son-in-law used in the attack. "I left it with him to help him find work, but this is how rewards me -- by smashing up my house," he said.

Most of the front of the house was demolished, though he was slowly making repairs with the help of neighbours.

Mr Theerapong's antics with the sugar cane loader also damaged a family pickup, a tractor, and four motorcycles, causing damage of more than 800,000 baht, police estimate.

The suspect, who admitted the attack, had threatened to kill the family previously, which Mr Noowiang said left them in a rattled state.

Mr Theerapong said he did not feel sorry for his actions. Police charged him with damaging other people's assets and taking illicit drugs. Charges of attempting to kill were pending further questioning.

Fancy man, wife take off

A Nonthaburi man is asking police to help locate his wife, whom he suspects has fled with a fancy man.

Theerapong at the police station complaining about his missing wife.

Theerapong Nongyut, 39, a delivery man, said his wife of 13 years, Pornnipa Suwanpakdee, 35, left their Bang Yai home for work on Feb 17 in his Isuzu D-Max pickup and did not return.

He tried calling only to find she had blocked his number. He sent a Line message asking where she was but she did not answer.

Suspicious, he made inquiries and discovered two mysterious transfers to her bank account of large sums of money. On Feb 18, 335,770 baht was transferred to her account, which she withdrew the same day.

"I am worried she has pawned the pickup or sold it to her latest admirer, who works for a car yard," Mr Theerapong told police.

"The pickup is registered in my name and we have been paying it off for three years at 8,000 baht a month," he added.

Earlier, on Feb 12, 1,632,919 baht was transferred to her account and once again withdrawn the same day.

"As for this transfer, I am worried she may have added to the debt on our house, which we bought and have been paying off together." The couple also have a son by their marriage, which is registered.

While his wife has yet to provide much detail, she has since told him she is not coming back, as she has found a job in Myanmar. "I am sure she's going with her fancy man, a guy called Top," Mr Theerapong said.

He admitted that he and his wife had words on Feb 17, the day she left. "I found out she had been seeing someone else. We argued and I shoved her head against the wall," he said.

He had discovered his wife seeing three men outside their marriage in the past.

"I have even found a man in her room with her. However, each time she strays, I forgive her."

Most recently, a friend sent him a picture from his wife's TikTok account of her and a male admirer sitting in a car in which she said she was missing him.

"My son consoles me whenever I discover she has been seeing someone new," Mr Theerapong said. "I have thought about hanging myself but when I think of my son, I decide against it."

He is not sure whether he will sue Top for wresting away his wife. However, she does want her to return the truck and sit down to talk things out. "If she wants to quit, I would be happy to do so," he said.

Police said they were contacting the bank to ask who sent her the money.

Just out for a spot of shopping

Police in Roi Et were shocked when a middle-aged mother turned up at a drug supplier's house and asked to buy five ya ba pills for her addicted son.

The middle-aged mother who buys drugs for her addicted son.

Muang police and local security officials had just nabbed two suspects, Khamsan (no surname or age given), with 141 pills; and Siranee (no surname given), 32, with 89 pills at a house in Muang district.

Sources had told them the pair were supplying drugs to local teens. When police turned up with a search warrant, they admitted to the offence.

While they were there, media reports said, a steady procession of customers turned up.

In line with the government's new drug diversion policy, addicts caught with a tiny number of pills (one, three of five, depending on who you ask), are given the option of entering rehab rather than being charged.

Accordingly, police merely took note of their names and did not arrest anybody but for the suppliers.

However, even in this permissive new era, in which addicts are deemed psychiatric patients in need of help rather than automatically charged, police were shocked when among the customers who turned up was a middle-aged mother shopping for her son.

She said she was there to buy five ya ba pills for her son, Yutthaphong "Ton" Saraphan, who lives with her at home. "He refuses to do any work and just sleeps all day if he does not get his daily fix," the mother, who was unnamed in news reports, said.

"I buy them for my son out of love for him as his mother. I also buy them to encourage him to work," she told police.

Her son had never gone berserk, unlike some addicts, nor caused anyone any bother, she said. However, police warned her that if his addiction worsened, that could well be the outcome.

Police asked her to stop buying the pills and bring her son in for a urine test, a necessary first step before he could enter drug rehab. She agreed, but when a day passed and he had yet to turn up, police and local officials paid him a visit at home.

The mother was not there, but her son admitted taking drugs. He also submitted to a urine test, which turned positive for drugs. Police say he consented to entering rehab as an alternative to legal action.

Do you like the content of this article?