Apple is on a roll. Along with the launch of the new iPhone, it is also launching a more affordable Apple Pencil.
The new Pencil brings pixel-perfect accuracy, low latency and tilt sensitivity, making it ideal for note-taking, sketching, annotating, journaling and more. Designed with a matte finish and a flat side that magnetically attaches to the side of iPad for storage, the new Pencil pairs and charges with a USB-C cable. The new Apple Pencil will be available in early November.
The new Apple Pencil works with iPadOS features like Scribble, Quick Note and when collaborating with others in Freeform. When used with M2 models of iPad Pro, the new Apple Pencil supports hover, allowing users to sketch and illustrate with even greater precision.
A sliding cap reveals a USB-C port, enabling customers to use a USB-C cable to connect to the new Apple Pencil for pairing and charging. When magnetically attached to iPad for storage, the new Apple Pencil enters into a sleep state to preserve battery life.
Apple Pencil Line-up
The Pencil works with iPad (10th generation) users and also with all iPad models that have a USB-C port, including iPad Pro, iPad Air and iPad mini.
Apple Pencil (1st generation) supports pressure sensitivity, delivering a remarkably fluid and natural drawing experience. Apple Pencil (1st generation) works with iPad (10th generation), and the Lightning port on iPad (9th generation) makes it easy to quickly connect Apple Pencil (1st generation) for pairing and charging.
Apple Pencil (2nd generation) further enhances and streamlines professional workflows with support for pressure, the double-tap gesture, and Apple Pencil hover on iPad Pro models with M2. Compatible with iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad mini models, Apple Pencil (2nd generation) features a matte finish and flat side that supports magnetic pairing and charging.
Pricing and Availability
• The new Apple Pencil will be available for purchase separately for US$79 (B2,892), with availability in early November.
• The new Apple Pencil is compatible with all iPad models with a USB-C port, including iPad (10th generation), iPad Air (4th and 5th generations), iPad Pro 11-inch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th generations), and iPad mini (6th generation).
• The new Apple Pencil is available for US$69 (B2,526) for education. Education pricing is available to current and newly accepted college students and their parents, as well as faculty, staff, and home-school teachers of all grade levels. Visit apple.com/us-hed/shop.
• Apple Pencil (1st generation) is compatible with iPad (10th generation) and iPad (9th generation). A USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter is required for pairing and charging, and is included in the box with Apple Pencil (1st generation) for US$99 (B3,625).
• For existing owners of Apple Pencil (1st generation), the USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter is sold separately for US$9 (B330).
• Apple Pencil (2nd generation), available for purchase separately, is compatible with iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad Pro models for U$129 (B4,723).
Sign up for Apple sessions at apple.com/today or for an Online Personal Session. Visit apple.com/apple-pencil.