Tawanchai, Ferrari, Sangmanee victorious at ONE 161
published : 30 Sep 2022 at 09:25
writer: Wanchai Rujawongsanti
ONE 161: Petchmorakot vs Tawanchai was every striking fan’s dream, and from top to bottom the card did not disappoint.
In the headliner of the event on Thursday at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, Tawanchai PK Saenchai defeated Petchmorakot Petchyindee for the latter’s ONE Featherweight Muay Thai World Title.
The two Thais battled hard for five rounds, but Tawanchai did enough to stay ahead on the scorecards and earn the unanimous decision.
Earlier on the card, Thailand’s Ferrari Fairtex introduced himself to ONE fans by beating China’s Han Zi Hao. Ferrari picked apart Han to leave the circle with a unanimous decision in his promotional debut.
Sangmanee PK Saenchai also made an impression in his return to ONE, regaining his composure in the second round to win the latter stanzas against Zhang Chenglong and earn a split-decision victory.
In the two ONE Heavyweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix semi-finals, Roman Kryklia astonished with his first-round demolition of Guto Inocente to secure his place in the final. In the process, Kryklia also earned a US$50,000 bonus.
In the other ONE Heavyweight Kickboxing Grand Prix semi-final bout, Iraj Azizpour defeated Bruno Chaves.
A shy showing from Chaves allowed Azizpour to put on a confident performance to solidify his place in the Grand Prix final against old foe Kryklia.
Finally, Rodrigo Marello had a record-breaking performance against Ruslan Bagdasarian, as he tapped the Russian with an ankle lock in just 15 seconds, making history for scoring the fastest finish in ONE submission grappling history. He also earned a $50,000 bonus.
Results for ONE 161
• Tawanchai PK Saenchai defeated Petchmorakot Petchyindee via unanimous decision to claim the ONE Featherweight Muay Thai World Title.
• Roman Kryklia defeated Guto Inocente via TKO at 0:52 of round one (ONE Heavyweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix semi-finals).
• Iraj Azizpour defeated Bruno Chaves via unanimous decision (ONE Heavyweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix semi-finals).
• Saygid Izagakhmaev defeated Zhang Lipeng via unanimous decision (MMA – lightweight).
• Tiffany Teo defeated Ritu Phogat via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:52 of round one (MMA – atomweight).
• Oumar Kane defeated Batradz Gazzaev via TKO at 2:15 of round two (MMA – heavyweight).
• Alaverdi Ramazanov defeated Capitan Petchyindee via split decision (Muay Thai – bantamweight).
• Sangmanee PK Saenchai defeated Zhang Chenglong via split decision (Muay Thai – bantamweight).
• Ferrari Fairtex defeated Han Zi Hao via unanimous decision (Muay Thai – featherweight).
• Rodrigo Marello defeated Ruslan Bagdasarian via submission (ankle lock) at 0:15 of round one (submission grappling – bantamweight).
• Ali Foladi defeated Matheus Felipe via knockout of 4:20 of round one (MMA – middleweight).