Fire hits Khon Kaen condominium
published : 1 Jul 2018 at 13:33
writer: Chakrapan Natanri
KHON KAEN: A fire broke out from a room on the 5th floor of a condominium in the heart of this northeastern city on Sunday morning, but there were no reports of injuries except a pregnant woman who suffered from smoke inhalation.
Kaen Nakhon 191 radio centre reported that the fire broke out at about 9am at a room of Chic Condo on Kasikorn Thung Sang road near the Muang district office, opposite the Radio Thailand station in Khon Kaen Municipality, according to Pol Lt Col Punnarit Tarananthaseth, a Muang police investigator.
A number of fire engines were despatched to the condominium where smoke was seen billowing from a room on the fifth floor. All residents of the building were evacuated, and the fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes.
Kalaya Saengchan, 24, a female member of the condo staff, said the fire started from Room No 88/41 on the 5th floor. The room belongs to a female doctor, who was not there when the fire broke out.
A pregnant woman living in Room No 88/32 nearby cried for help after beginning to choke on the fumes. She was helped out of the room by firemen and sent to a nearby hospital, but was not seriously hurt.
Pol Lt Col Punnarit said it was believed the fire started from an electrical appliance left plugged in, and spread from the kitchen to the living room. Police were investigating.