21 Thais from Saudi Arabia sent for quarantine

21 Thais from Saudi Arabia sent for quarantine

Twenty-one Thais from Saudi Arabia arrive in Songkhla province on Thursday. They were sent to state quarantine facilities in their home provinces. (Photo: Assawin Pakkawan)
Twenty-one Thais from Saudi Arabia arrive in Songkhla province on Thursday. They were sent to state quarantine facilities in their home provinces. (Photo: Assawin Pakkawan)

SONGKHLA: Twenty-one Thais returning home from Saudi Arabi arrived in Songkhla on Thursday and were sent to state quarantine facilities in their home provinces.

The group was among those who had notified authorities of their intention to return via Malaysia’s Perlis State. They were scheduled to pass through Padang Besar on May 21 and May 23.

Dr Uthitsak Harirattanakul, head of the Songkhla public health office, said they were subjected to the same Covid-19 rules as those who had returned from Indonesia.

All 21 returnees underwent strict health screening procedures and were sent to state quarantine facilities.

The 21 returnees were divided into two groups. The first comprised Songkhla residents and those who lived in nearby provinces, except those in the deep South. They were quarantined in Songkhla province. 

The second group comprised those who lived in four southernmost provinces of Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat and Satun. Vehicles were arranged to take them to their home provinces, said Dr Uthitsak.


Do you like the content of this article?
COMMENT (2)

US deaths top 100,000 as countries reimpose distancing measures

WASHINGTON - The US coronavirus death toll passed 100,000, as some countries reimposed social distancing rules following a resurgence of cases that raised the spectre of a dreaded second wave of infections.

28 May 2020

Trump to target social media with executive order

WASHINGTON - US President Donald Trump was set Thursday to target social media giants like Twitter, which he accuses of bias against him, with an executive order opening them to new regulation.

28 May 2020

Virus unleashing new wave of US layoffs

WASHINGTON: The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits held above 2 million last week for a 10th straight week amid job cuts by US state and local governments whose budgets have been decimated fighting the COVID-19 pandemic and more second-wave layoffs in the private sector.

28 May 2020