Yingluck responds to NACC
Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has responded to allegations of abuse of power brought by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) earlier this week, calling on the anti-graft body to focus on the work of the current government instead.
The NACC on Wednesday announced it found evidence the fugitive former premier and two senior colleagues committed offences and abused their authority during a public relations campaign in 2013.
The former premier took to her official "Yingluck Shinawatra" Facebook page on Thursday to question why the NACC was quick to process two cases against her when it should instead be scrutinising the current government's activities.
Politicians or former politicians who oppose the government are suspected of committing offences, while those in power are always innocent, Yingluck said.
The NACC on Wednesday said there was evidence that supports the belief that Yingluck, her secretary-general Suranand Vejjajiva and her deputy prime minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan violated the law in the submission of contract bids to state agencies.
The alleged offences are related to the Building the Future of Thailand 2020 project, which was worth 240 million baht and launched in 2013 by the Secretariat of the Prime Minister.
Mr Niwatthamrong yesterday said the campaign was in line with the Yingluck government's policies that were declared in parliament.