Serious probe into ‘Boss’ hit-and-run mishandling
published : 21 Sep 2021 at 21:55
writer: Online Reporters
The Public Prosecutor Commission on Tuesday formed a committee to conduct a serious disciplinary investigation into a former deputy attorney-general who dropped a reckless driving charge against Red Bull scion Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya.
Pachara Yutidhammadamrong, head of the commission, said it resolved that the probe committee must be formed because former deputy attorney-general Nate Naksuk had been reckless while handling the hit-and-run case of Mr Vorayuth. The probe committee had Thanapit Munphruek, former chief of the Department of Special Litigation under the Office of the Attorney-General, as its head.
Mr Pachara said the probe committee would determine whether Mr Nate had made any decision that had caused any serious damage. If it found Mr Nate had committed a serious disciplinary offence, he would be retroactively dismissed.
Last year Mr Nate decided to drop the major charge of reckless driving causing death against Mr Vorayuth.
On Sept 3, 2012, Mr Vorayuth's black Ferrari rammed into the motorcycle of Pol Sgt Maj Wichian Klanprasert on Sukhumvit Road and the policeman was killed instantly.
The statute of limitation on the reckless driving causing death charge is 15 years and will expire on Sept 3, 2027.