Flooding in 30 provinces, 6 dead
published : 28 Sep 2021 at 12:35
writer: Online Reporters
Storm Dianmu left six people dead in its wake, with two others missing, and caused flooding in 30 provinces since Sept 23.
The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation issued its summary on Tuesday.
The report said the storm caused flooding in Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Tak, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Loei, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Yasothon, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket, Ubon Ratchathani, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Lop Buri, Suphan Buri, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya and Nakhon Pathom.
The storm killed six people - five in Lop Buri and one in Phetchabun. Two other people were still missing, one in each of the two provinces.
Flooding had disappeared in Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Buri Ram, Nakhon Pathom, Yasothon and Surin.
Disaster zones were declared for the 23 following provinces:
- Tak. with flooding remaining only in Muang district
- Sukhothai, with rising floodwater in Si Samrong, Khiri Mat and Muang districts
- Phitsanulok, with stable flood levels in Wang Thong district
- Phetchabun, with stable flood levels in Nong Phai, Wichian Buri, Si Thep, Muang and Bung Sam Phan districts
- Phichit. with stable flood levels in Bung Na Rang, Pho Prathap Chang, Pho Thale, Sam Ngam and Dong Charoen districts
- Kamphaeng Phet, with stable flood levels in Pang Sila Thong district
- Loei, with stable flood levels in Dan Sai, Phu Kradung and Muang districts
- Khon Kaen, with stable flood levels in low-lying areas of Khok Phochai, Mancha Khiri and Waeng Noi districts
- Chaiyaphum, with rising flood levels in Nong Bua Rawe, Chaturat, Muang, Noen Sa-nga, Ban Khwao, Phu Khieo, Bamnet Narong and Kaset Sombun districts
- Nakhon Ratchasima, with stable flood levels in Dan Khun Thot, Sung Noen, Non Sung, Muang and Phimai districts
- Ubon Ratchathani, with flooded low-lying areas in Muang and Warin Chamrap districts
- Sa Kaeo, with floodwater in low-lying areas of Ta Phraya and Khok Sung districts
- Chanthaburi, with inundation in low-lying areas of Na Yai Am, Khao Kitchakut, Khlung, Makham, Tha Mai, Laem Sing and Muang districts
- Nakhon Sawan, with stable flood levels in low-lying areas of Lat Yao, Nong Bua, Mae Wong, Muang, Chumsaeng, Banphot Phisai and Krok Phra districts
- Uthai Thani, with stable flood levels in Sawang Arom, Muang, Lan Sak, Ban Rai and Thap Than districts
- Chai Nat, with subsiding flood levels in Manorom, Wat Sing, Noen Kham and Hankha districts
- Lop Buri, with rising floodwater in Sa Bot, Chai Badan, Lam Sonthi, Khok Samrong, Ban Mi, Khok Charoen, Muang and Phatthana Nikhom districts
- Suphan Buri, with stable flood levels in Muang, Si Prachan, Nong Yasai, Bang Pla Ma, Doembang Nangbuat, Sam Chuk, Song Phi Nong and U Thong districts
- Sing Buri, with stable flood levels In Buri, Muang and Khai Bang Rachan districts
- Ang Thong, with stable flood levels in Muang district
- Ayutthaya, with rising floodwater in Phak Hai, Sena and Bang Ban districts
- Si Sa Ket, with stable flood levels in Khukhan, Muang, Phu Sing, Khun Han, Huai Thap Than and Phrai Bung districts
- Prachin Buri, with subsiding floodwater in Kabin Buri, Si Maha Phot and Muang districts.
Flooding in Dan Khun Thot district of Nakhon Ratchasima on Tuesday. (Video by Prasit Tangprasert)