Flooding in 18 provinces, rising in 10
published : 1 Oct 2021 at 12:38
writer: Online Reporters
Flooding caused by Storm Dianmu remains in 18 provinces in the North, Northeast and Central Plains, with 10 provinces facing rising flood levels, the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation reported on Friday.
Floods rose in:
- Khon Kaen's Phu Pha Man, Chum Phae, Nong Rua, Waeng Noi, Waeng Yai, Khok Phochai, Chonnabot, Mancha Khiri and Non Sila districts
- Chaiyaphum's Muang, Phu Khieo, Ban Khwao, Chatturat and Khon Sawan districts
- Nakhon Ratchasima's Dan Khun Thot, Sung Noen, Non Sung, Muang, Phimai, Pak Thong Chai, Non Thai, Khong, Phra Thong Kham, Chakkarat, Sida, Kham Sakae Saeng and Ban Luam districts
- Ubon Ratchathani's Muang district
- Chai Nat's Manorom, Wat Sing, Noen Kham, Hankha, Sankhaburi, Sapphaya, Muang and Nong Mamong districts
- Saraburi's Wang Muang, Kaeng Khoi, Sao Hai, Ban Mo, Nong Don, Wihan Daeng, Phra Phutthabat, Muang, Muak Lek, Chalerm Prakiat and Don Phut districts
- Suphan Buri's Bang Pla Ma and Song Phi Nong districts
- Sing Buri's In Buri, Muang and Khai Bang Rachan districts
- Ang Thong's Muang, Wiset Chai Chan, Chaiyo and Pa Mok districts
- Ayutthaya's Phak Hai, Sena, Bang Ban, Muang and Bang Sai districts.
Flooding was stable in Phichit's Bung Na Rang, Pho Prathap Chang, Pho Thale and Sam Ngam districts
Floodwater subsided in:
- Sukhothai's Si Samrong, Khiri Mat and Muang districts
- Phisanulok's Wang Thong, Phrom Phiram and Bang Rakam districts
- Phetchabun's Nong Phai, Wichian Buri, Si Thep, Muang, Nam Nao and Bung Sam Phan districts
- Kamphaeng Phet's Khanu Woralaksaburi and Khlong Khlung districts
- Nakhon Sawan's Lat Yao and Tha Tako districts
- Uthai Thani's Muang, Thap Than and Sawang Arom districts
- Lop Buri's Muang, Chai Badan, Ban Mi and Khok Samrong districts.
The flooding started on Sept 23 and affected 229,220 families in 31 provinces. Seven people were confirm dead inthe floods, with one person still missing, the department said.