Storm Dianmu floods linger in 18 provinces
published : 5 Oct 2021 at 12:55
writer: Online Reporters
Flooding caused by tropical storm Dianmu has receded in 14 provinces but lingers in 18 others, with the confirmed death toll now at eight and one person still missing, the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department reported on Tuesday.
Six men had drowned in Lop Buri and one man each in Phetchabun and Chai Nat. A woman was missing in Phetchabun.
The 32 flooded provinces were: Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Tak, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Loei, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Yasothon, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket, Ubon Ratchathani, Prachin Buri, Sakaeo, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Pathumthani and Nakhon Pathom.
A total of 286,577 households in 7,489 villages of 205 districts were affected.
Flooding has receded in 14 provinces - Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Tak, Buri Ram, Nakhon Pathom, Yasothon, Surin, Loei, Si Sa Ket, Sa Kaeo, Chanthaburi, Prachin Buri and Kamphaeng Phet.
Eighteen provinces are still flooded, affecting 2,385 villages in 80 districts with a total of 104,491 households. The water was slowly receding. Flooded areas:
1. Sukhothai - in Si Samrong, Khirimat and Muang districts.
2. Phitsanulok - in Wang Thong, Phrom Phiram and Bang Rakam districs.
3. Phetchabun - in low-lying area near the Pasak river in Muang district.
4. Phichit - in Bung Narang, Pho Prathap Chang, Pho Thale and Sam Ngam districts.
5. Khon Kaen - in Waeng Noi, Wang Yai, Khok Pho Chai, Chonnabot, Mancha Khiri, Non Sila, Phra Yuen, Ban Haet and Ban Phai districts.
6. Chaiyaphum - in Khon Sawan district.
7. Nakhon Ratchasima - in Sung Noen, Non Sung, Muang, Phimai, Pak Thongchai, Non Thai, Khong, Chakarat and Kaeng Sanam Nang districts.
8. Ubon Ratchathani - in Muang and Warin Chamrap districts.
9. Nakhon Sawan - in Muang, Krok Phra and Phayuha Khiri districts.
10. Uthai Thani - in Muang district.
11. Chai Nat - in Manorom, Wat Sing, Noen Kham, Han Kha, Sankhaburi, Sapphaya, Muang and Nong Ma Mong districts.
12. Lop Buri - in Muang, Chai Badan and Ban Mi districts.
13. Saraburi - in Wang Muang, Kaeng Khoi, Chalerm Phra Kiat, Muang, Sao Hai, Nong Don, Ban Mo, Don Phut, Nong Saeng, Wihan Daeng and Nong Khae districts.
14. Suphan Buri - in Bang Pla Ma and Song Phi Nong districts.
15. Sing Buri - in Inburi, Muang and Khai Bang Rachan districts.
16. Ang Thong - in Muang, Chaiyo, Pa Mok, Wiset Chai Chan and Sam Ko districts.
17. Ayutthaya. The Chao Phraya river had overflowed to inundate low-lying areas in Phak Hai, Sena, Bang Ban, Bang Sai, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Bang Pa-in, Tha Rua, Nakhon Luang and Bang Pahan districts.
18. Pathum Thani. The Chao Phraya river had overflowed to flood parts of Muang and Sam Khok districts.
The Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department has asked all local administrations to survey the damage, so assistance can be provided where needed, the statement said.
Affected people can call for help via hotline numbers 1784 and 1784 and Line ID@1784DDPM.