B.Grimm donates over 46 million baht to fight COVID-19
published : 21 Apr 2020 at 17:03
B.Grimm, Thailand’s leading conglomerate, recently launched “B.Grimm Fights COVID-19 with Compassion” and donated over 46 million baht to relieve COVID-19 impacts through financial support and donations of essentials such as medical equipment, health insurance and survival packs.
The relief program has directly donated funds to hospitals and several charity organisations since the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic in Thailand.
B.Grimm has been operating its business in Thailand for over 142 years and has become closely connected to the country through its many businesses and social responsibility projects.
“In troubled times when there are many struggles and challenges, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic, B.Grimm’s management and employees came together and found ways to relieve the hardship,” said Dr Harald Link, Chairman of B.Grimm, giving the following as examples:
- 10 million baht donation to Chaipattana Foundation
- 4 million baht donation to Thepparattana Vejanukul Foundation
- 6.5 million baht worth of health insurance for staff and medical personnel at Ramathibodi Hospital
- 100,000 N95/KN95 masks to Chulalongkorn Hospital and Ramathibodi Hospital, worth 8.25 million baht
- 2,000 infrared thermometers to Chulalongkorn Hospital, worth 5.3 million baht
- 5,000 survival packs distributed to affected areas, worth 3.5 million baht
- 1.3-million-baht worth of respirators donated to several hospitals
Mrs Preeyanart Soontornwata, President of B.Grimm Power, also stated that the energy business group fully supports the program in every possible way. Where B.Grimm power plants are located, the relief effort includes donation of money, medical equipment, surgical masks, thermometers, sanitizer gel, and drinking water to surrounding medical centres and communities.
Besides the relief effort in Thailand, B.Grimm also donates medical protective gear and essentials to other countries where B.Grimm has operations.
“B.Grimm’s management and employees are eager to help relieve the impacts of COVID-19 pandemic and stand by the Thai people, medical personnel, officials and volunteers throughout Thailand,” added B.Grimm’s Chairman. “We can overcome this pandemic together and ‘B.Grimm Fights COVID-19 with Compassion’ is part of the greater relief effort working to that end.”