Marriott Bonvoy brings ultimate travel experiences
published : 13 Jan 2021 at 15:07
to members with special promotions and rewards privileges throughout 2021
After what was probably the most challenging year ever for those who love travel, this new year brings hope with approval of vaccines to fight COVID-19.
Understanding how much our members look forward to traveling again, today, Marriott Bonvoy has some exciting news for members with the first of many offers and program enhancements to be announced throughout the year.
Today, we are announcing:
• Depositing 50% of Elite Night Credits (ENCs) into members’ accounts based on their 2020 Elite status tier. This will give members a head start in 2021 toward elite status in 2022. The ENC’s will be deposited in February. We are also reducing the $20,000 spend threshold for attaining Ambassador Elite status by 30% for 2021.
• Reducing off-peak redemption rates globally by 10% for all future reservations through September 30, 2021, booked between January 11, 2021 and February 21, 2021. However, it can take a little time for our new off-peak rates to update throughout our systems, so while the new pricing is now bookable it may not show up in the shopping experience for a few hours.
• Launching our next global promotion that, in combination with deposit of elite night credits into members' accounts, will make it even easier to attain elite status and enable all members to take advantage of redemption rates sooner. From February 16 through April 27, 2021, members will earn double points and elite night credits for stays of two nights or more.
What we are announcing today took root last year when we already announced:
• Extending Elite status earned in 2019 through February 1, 2022.
• Depositing 50% of Elite Night Credits (ENCs) into members’ accounts based on their 2019 earned Elite Status.
• Extending Free Night Awards originally set to expire in 2020 through August 1, 2021.
• Extending Suite Night Awards earned in 2019 as part of the 50- and 75-night annual choice benefit that was to expire at the end of 2020 but is now extended through December 31, 2021.
• Paused points expiration through August 1, 2021.
Throughout the year, we’ll have more exciting program news to share as we add value for members and enhance the travel experience.