Good clean fun
Koh Phi Phi Don has been listed by Lonely Planet magazine as one of six beach destinations in the world where visitors can join a beach clean-up campaign while travelling.
The volunteer project also provides an opportunity to meet like-minded locals.
According to the magazine, travellers to Koh Phi Phi Don, the main island of the Phi Phi archipelago, can take part in the weekly volunteer programme organised by Trash Hero, a global volunteer movement.
Last Sunday, 19 volunteers from Thailand, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Israel, Canada, Germany and Spain collected 69kg of plastic and debris from Loh Dalum Beach. About 3kg of the rubbish was for recycling; that included flip flops, straws, lighters and bottle caps.
The other beach destinations where volunteer programmes are regularly hosted and recommended by the magazine are Mumbai in India, Cornwall in England, Barcelona in Spain, Hong Kong and Bali in Indonesia.
- VietJet will launch two direct routes to Udon Thani. The first route is Bangkok-Udon Thani. The service starts on Nov 25, with daily flights departing Suvarnabhumi airport at 7.20am and arriving in Udon Thani at 8.30am. The return flight leaves Udon Thani at 9.10am and lands in Bangkok at 10.20am. The airline will have additional flights every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. This flight will depart Bangkok at 4.25pm and arrive in Udon Thani at 5.35pm. The return will leave Udon Thani at 9.20pm and arrive in Bangkok at 10.30pm.
The second route is Chiang Rai-Udon Thani. The service starts on Nov 26 and will be available three times a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. The flight will depart Udon Thani at 6.10pm and arrive in Chiang Rai at 7.15pm. The return flight will leave Chiang Rai at 7.45pm and arrive in Udon Thani at 8.50pm.
- Bangkok Airways has launched its "Samui Year End Sale" promotion. Prices for a one-way ticket on domestic routes to and from Koh Samui start at 1,990 baht, excluding taxes and fees.
The airline is also offering promotional fares from Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore to Koh Samui. Reservations can be made until Nov 30 for a travel period up until Dec 31.
HOTEL DEALS & UPDATE
- Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort in Chiang Rai has introduced new hotel transportation: two Royal Enfield Classic 500 sidecars.
First produced in 1901 in India, Royal Enfield is the oldest motorcycle brand still in production. The service offers the classic bikes for guests to explore Anantara Golden Triangle (406 rai) and its surroundings, including the border area around the Golden Triangle, Doi Tung Development Project. The fee is 3,000 baht per hour.
Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort launches two Royal Enfield Classic 500 sidecars. Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort
- Well Hotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20 launches the Being Well package.
The package includes a two-night stay in a Deluxe room, daily breakfast for two, a 60-minute wellness activity with a choice of aromatherapy massage, traditional Thai massage, muay Thai class or personal fitness training. This package is priced at 7,900 baht net and valid for bookings and stays from today until Mar 31 next year.
- Swiss-Belhotel International, the Hong Kong-based hospitality company, will open its first properties in Thailand.
The plan is to have four hotels in three cities: Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Pattaya.
The company currently has a collection of 145 hotels and resorts in 22 countries, with more in the pipeline, including in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
By the end of 2020, the group expects to boost its global portfolio to 250 properties comprising about 25,000 rooms.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments to share.